The Civil Rights Movement Veterans website and its text, photographs, graphics, artwork, information and other materials (the "Content"), including all related copyrights and other intellectual property rights, are protected by the laws of the United States and foreign countries. The website and Content is owned by Bruce Hartford and his licensors (contributors), including individually named Freedom Movement veterans who contributed Content and others.
You may view, download, print, reprint, quote or link to the Content solely for your educational, academic, political activism, or other non-commercial purposes. If you are a student, teacher or educator (not a corporation that packages, prepares or sells educational materials), you may reproduce, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform or use the Content solely for classroom or workshop instruction or educational project in a school, museum or other non-profit educational organization, but:
To request authorization to use the Content on a for-profit or commercial basis, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to use Content owned by someone other than Bruce Hartford, you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. In general, you should not use a copyright protected work without permission and, if you do so, the copyright owner may bring a copyright infringement action against you. However, under the "fair use" doctrine in United States copyright law, there may be circumstances in which it is permissible to use limited parts of a work without permission, such as quoting part of a work, for purposes like commentary, criticism, news reporting, teaching, scholarship and research. For more information about fair use, please see the U.S. Copyright Office's factsheet at www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html
Notification of Copyright Infringement
The Civil Rights Movement Veterans website ("CRMV" or "we") respects the intellectual property rights of others and expect users to do the same.
It is our policy, in appropriate circumstances and at our discretion, to remove material that infringes the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of others and, if we deem it necessary, to block material posted by users who repeatedly violate these policies.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf we will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the CRMV website (the "Site") that are reported to the Site's Designated Copyright Agent, identified in the sample notice below.
If you are a copyright owner, or are authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Site by completing the following DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement and delivering it to the Designated Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of the Notice as described below, we will take whatever action, in our sole discretion, we deem appropriate, including removal of the challenged material from the Site.
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement ("Notice")
- Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or — if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice — you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
- Identify the material that you claim is infringing (or to be the subject of infringing activity) and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site where such material may be found.
- Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
- "I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)."
- "I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed."
- Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to the Site's Designated Copyright Agent:Designated Copyright Agent
c/o Bruce Hartford
2301 Harrison St., #205
San Francisco, CA 94110