Principles: Community Labor United
CLU devoted its first three months to developing the following
Principles of Unity:
- We are community leaders, labor leaders, and cultural workers
committed to ending the exploitation of oppressed peoples everywhere.
- We believe that all people have the right and responsibility to
determine their destiny.
- Our organizations and unions are committed to building a society
where the realities of race, gender, class, and sexual orientation are
not barriers to human progress.
- We are committed to building a society where the bottom line
interests of corporations and the rich are not balanced on the backs of
workers and the poor.
- We are committed to building local, regional, national, and world
economies that are democratic, just, ecological, and do not exploit
labor, culture, and natural resources.
- We are committed to building an organization of organizations and
individuals, focused on educating, organizing, and mobilizing the masses
within our organizations and communities from the bottom up.
- We believe in the prospect of multiracial and trans-generational
efforts to develop our communities.
Copyright © 2005
Last Modified: September 20, 2005.